…from our friends at TPM (the full text is at the link):
The 2014 elections were about as brutal for Democrats as they could have imagined. But it wasn’t such a bad year for the party otherwise. President Barack Obama gave up on working with Republicans on big issues, and instead relied on his executive authority to implement a slew of important reforms.
Here are five big things he did this year without the help of Republicans.
- Sweeping changes to immigration enforcement
- Actual progress on climate change
- Remaking the federal courts for a generation
- Beginning to transform U.S. relationships with Iran and Cuba
- Greater protections for federal contractors