- Raises taxes on middle-income filers in the end. The modest cuts in the first year or so phase out and by the time we approach the end of the ten-year window, some of us in the middle are actually paying higher rates than we are paying right now under current law. And it’s done in order to fund the permanent tax cuts designed to comfort the already-comfortable.
- Tax Policy Center analysis of winners, losers from Trump, GOP tax reform bill
- Why Trump’s ‘giant’ middle class tax cut is less than advertised
- How Much Will Trump’s Tax Plan Cost? | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- The Trump Tax Cuts Just Got Even More Skewed to the Rich
- The Trump tax bill is a win for the wealthy, entitled and irresponsible
- Under the House G.O.P. Plan, Tax Cuts Shrink Over Time for Everyone but the Richest
- Gives Donald J Trump and his family an enormous tax cut. He won’t show us his tax returns, but everyone who has looked at the details understands that the provisions of the bill are very kind to people whose businesses are structured like his. He’s filling his pockets at our expense and straight-up lying about it.
- Removes a key underpinning of the ACA, expected to lead to loss of coverage for some 13 million Americans and premium increases of 10% or more on those who remain in the pool. (Remember the “death spiral”? This is exactly the kind of hare-brained move likely to make it happen.)
Was done in such a hurry and so sloppily that no one knows what all crazy things are going to crawl out of it over time.
- Does not simplify the tax code as they promised, but actually adds loopholes to benefit … guess who.
- By knowingly adding about $1 trillion to the debt, sets the stage for yet another reprise of their signature move: Cutting safety net programs on the grounds that we can’t afford them, because … the deficit!
Is anyone surprised at this result? I guess I’m surprised they’re being quite this brazen. But we knew who they were and what they were about when we put them in power. One can only hope that enough of us are now paying attention that they will have to pay a price for their behavior.